Jen never seems to be sat still. I have no idea how she does it. I know that I can’t be busy all the time and need to schedule in ‘doing nothing’ time. Ok, my ‘doing nothing’ time normal means catching up on washing, housework, grocery shopping, phone calls etc.
Jen came home from work and asked if I fancied going out for a drink or two as it was her friend, Mark from church, birthday drinks. I said yes, so she told me to be ready for 8pm. And with that, she was off out for a surf. I made dinner for us, veggie chilli, not as good as Stella’s but good though none the less.
Jen rushed in, showered, scoffed her dinner and we where off out. I really don’t know what she would have eaten if dinner hadn’t of been prepared for her. Made me feel useful.
So, off we go. My first night out in the big city. Jen was driving and we picked up Michelle, another friend from church. As we drove into town, I asked where we were going. Jen told me to SOL square and to Yellow something. I went ‘Yellow Cross?? I know where that is’!!! I’d been there the previous week with Stella, when we had met up with Alison.
I was dead nervous, these types of things can go both way, good or bad. We arrived, said hello and then went to the bar. Jen order a Radley and I said that I would have one. It’s a larger with a bit of lemon in it. Tasted like a shandy and was rather quite nice, actually too drinkable – I see drunkenness one day on that stuff. Mark, whose birthday it was, was really nice, friendly and very chatty, easy to get on with, as was his wife Hannah. Mark is the guy in charge of the Touch Rugby team which Jen plays for, so I said that I would join next season (starts again in Spring, October). Also spoke to Bree and her hubby, both dead nice, randomly talked about pies! no idea why. Ended up chatting with Michelle, who was very nice and again dead easy to get on with, it’s just such a shame that she is going to Europe in May for a long while. So all in all, Jen’s got some lovely friends and I had a good night and was tucked up in bed by 11pm.
Oh yes it was St Patrick’s Day and there was a lot of people out in green tops, green hats and even shamrocks painted on their faces. Mind you did kind of feel that it was the student sort of age group dressed like this. Tut, students, any excuse to drink !!! he he he
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment