Monday, 24 March 2008

Drinks with Jen and Her Friends After Work & Cinema

I stopped in town after my interview as Jen asked if I fancied joining her and her friends for a quick drink. I met them at a pub called Dux Deluxe, it’s quite a wee popular place as next to the University, plus had a micro brewery on site. Jen and I turned up at the same time, which was great as I didn’t realise how many different little parts there where to the pub! I met Amy (originally from Toronto) and Angie (originally from LA), they were really funny and so easy to talk with. We’ve agreed to meet up after the Easter weekend. I also chatted to Leah who used to work with Jen at SKM. I explained what I used to do and her eyes lit up. They really need a contaminated land person, so I am thinking of going into the office and having a chat. I know that I said I didn’t want to do CL again, but I am a little intrigued about what sort of work they do over here, compared with the UK. Leah is into kayaking and has a spare one, I explained that I’d like to give that a go and about being scared of water. So might do that soon, which would be cool. All the people I have met so far have been totally lovely friendly people.
Went to the cinema and saw 'Step Up 2', was totally cheesy but totally good fun.

No comments: