Felt a lot better today compared with yesterday, more positively spirited. Mel & Mike had invited me over to Sumner where they are house-sitting, to join them for breakfast. Going out for breakfast is very popular here and as I don’t really do it at home, Mike had suggested earlier in the week that I join them. I was late getting over to Sumner as I got accosted by some Jeahovers Witnesses when I was trying to leave home. Now I don’t normally mind having a chat with them but I was a bit nervous about driving by myself and they then made me late. Drive over to Sumner was fine, took about 30 minutes. I did feel like I was really concentrating. Drive home was a lot more relaxed, just kept remembering the turning right rule.
The house Mel is house sitting is totally gorgeous and very modern. Is on 3 levels and it set into the hills, there is a small swimming pool which over looks the beach (bit like an infinity pool). The drive up to the house is up a steep wynding road – getting used to them now. We went down into the village to a lovely cafĂ© called Tart and I had eggs benedict, but I wish that I’d had the French toast which Mike had. We had a good old natter and giggle. I nearly walked out without paying, as Mel and I were talking so much, oopps.
After breakfast we had a wonder over to a lovely little shop, very girly, with lots of soaps and nice bits (Lou you would have loved it). I do like Sumner very much, has a very village feel to it with lots of nice little shops. It’s just too far out of the city for me to think about living there.
Went to Ricciton Mall in the late afternoon, negotiated the multi-storey car park and realised that I hadn’t been out on a weekend in ages and was initially shocked by the number of people out and about. Bought some slippers at K-Mart and did some food shopping in Pak ‘n Save (kind of like Kwik Save), the shop was so busy I just got some basics and came home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Jaimie,
Guess you're enjoying yourself too much to write anymore on your blog! Semms like you have a great time in NZ. Tomorrow I'm off to Japan on 2 weeks holiday, feels great! Sven
Post a Comment