We met David and Gail in Sky City and had a pre dinner drink in Bar 3, which Stella and I remember was where we had ended the night last time rather drunk !!! It was nice to see David and Gail again. Unfortunately Gail wasn't her normal chatty self and was feeling a little under the weather.
As part of the package for booking dinner at The Orbit, you can go up to the observation desk 30 minutes before your dinner and enjoy the 360 degree view of Auckland - it was just as wonderful as I remembered. It was a little later in the day than last time, so the photographs aren't as good.
When you get onto the restuarant floor, it's weird as the midlle bit stays still and you are sat right by the window and it is this bit which rotates. And a wee drink of vodka and something it took a while for me to get used used. Seeing the sun set on Auckland was awesome as ever.
Dinner was wonderful and thankfully Gail turned into her normal self after a little food. A good night was had by all and I am hoping that if my folks do make it over that I'll be able to go there again !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment