Saturday, 19 January 2008

Bon Voyage / Early 30th Birthday Party

I've never really had a party before and decided that I should really have one. So decided on a Bon Voyage and then for extra measure on early 30th for me too. I actually turn 30 on Feb 12th. After a discussioin with Lou and batting ideas about, I decided that a fancy dress party would be an awesome idea. It would make the whole night that bit more memorable. After a bit of thought, the theme of "Come As A Country" was born. Seemed like a good idea with me moving to another country !!! Had to explain that it was come AS a country, not come as THE country.

I had a totally ace time and everyone made such an effort, even my Dad surprised me in full Scottish attire and my Mam in her Sari. They both looked brilliant. I was really surprised and touched that most people came in fancy dress. We had Thailand, Japan, Scotland, USA, Turkey, Iceland, Oz, NZ (me), Hawaii, Miss UK, Egypt and a few I've omitted.


I danced like a loon, did the conga around the club, with nearly everyone joining in. I really enjoyed myself and was as high as a kite for most of the night and only had a wee bit to drink, and totally missed out on the buffet!!

The highlight of the night was a dance from Daveee to Tom Jones's classic "You Can Leave Your Hat On". See photo below
All in all - I had a blast :o)

No comments: